Head Of Public Relations And Communications – 1538029
Head of PR & Communications (Director/Sr. Director), North America
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, creative and results-driven communicator to join the communications team as Head of PR and Communications, North America. This is a key role reporting to the Head of USA with a dotted line to the Head of Global Communications & PR.
You will be responsible for managing a small team and overseeing our strategic communicators activities in the United States and Canada. You will play an important role within the broader global communications and PR team as one of its most senior members as well as contributing to and supporting our global corporate brand narrative in the United States as we continue to grow our business following our listing on the New York NASDAQ in 2022.
This role will be based in our client’s USA Headquarters in Mahwah, NJ.
What you’ll do
• Develop a strong and differentiated narrative for the company’s North American business that is rooted in our global positioning but resonates locally.
• Initiate innovative PR strategies and campaigns that align with the company’s business objectives from smart media engagements and digital and social-first activations to bespoke events and partnerships.
• Continue to extend and deepen the organization’s relationships in North America beyond traditional media to include new platforms, verticals and creators.
• Work closely with the global PR & Communications team to develop ideas scalable on a global basis.
• Provide PR expertise to the company’s North American retail partners and deliver company space specific events where appropriate.
• Manage both North American and global internal stakeholders effectively as part of the North American management team.
• Work closely with the Head of Marketing for North America to ensure an integrated approach where activity and messaging is fully aligned.
Who you are
The ideal candidate is excited about cars but not necessarily from the automotive industry; a connector with a broad and diverse network who enjoys making connections; and someone with a strategic mindset, but also happy to be hands on working as part of a small team.
• At least 12 years of public relations and communications experience working on large brands.
• Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage project tasks, timelines and communications and adapt well to change.
• Proven stakeholder and relationship management skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external partners at the most senior levels of management.
• A strategic thinker and inventive problem-solver with sound judgement and strong business acumen.
• Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high growth environment and under pressure without sacrificing attention to detail.
• Experience managing others, either externally or internally.
• Demonstrable experience in the execution and detailed performance analysis of PR campaigns versus KPIs and ability to optimize performance to drive stronger metrics.
• Desire to test new ideas and approaches and deliver best practice case studies.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills: a collaborative ethos with a can-do attitude.
• Excellent written, numerical and verbal communication skills.
• Results-driven mindset.
Interested in learning more and qualified, please forward a copy of your resume to Nikita Davis at Ndavis@prtalent.com.