In-house | PR Manager
November 30, -0001 by
In-house | PR Manager
Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager serves as chief storyteller and institutional writer. S/he develops and executes public relations and social media strategies to increase the awareness and visibility of the organization. S/he is responsible for delivering programs that support the mission to connect to the vibrancy of art in the community.
- Create and implement PR initiatives supporting operations.
- Manage the annual public relations budget.
- Work with brand to manage the organization's voice across internal and external communication.
- Seek opportunities for local, regional, national, and international publicity by pitching stories and distributing materials to specific media, niche audiences, industry publications, etc.
- Develop talking points, provide media training and prep spokespeople as needed. Additionally, serve as the spokesperson as needed.
- Develop content for press materials, blog posts, social media, website, internal communication and general marketing needs, ensuring they reach the intended audiences – local, regional, national and international.
- Host media tours, familiarity trips and other press and influencer groups onsite.
- Mentor PR Specialist, who is managed by the Director of Public Relations.
- Develop social media strategy and, in collaboration with PR Specialist, manage day-to-day social efforts.
- Monitor and track both social sentiment and media coverage.
- Create and execute on-site press and community events, and collaborate with internal teams on other event needs as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key partners, external influencers and community groups.
- Oversee community relations initiatives, including donations program.
- Work closely with on-site staff on publicity events.
- Maintain and update crisis communications plans.
- Seek and manage vendor partnerships, timelines and deliverables as needed.
- Maintain relationships with internal departments and provide PR support for programs, products and initatives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5-7 years public relations experience in agency, art, hospitality, or attraction/entertainment industry with a proven track record.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or related field.
- 4-6 years Marketing/PR experience in the arts and or travel/tourism strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to think outside of the box and react quickly.
- Strong verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Professional, courteous, and polite manner.
- Leadership and team performance skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Products).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.Able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and off-site as required.