Assistant PR Manager
November 30, -0001 by
Assistant PR Manager
Assistant Manager, Public Relations
Support the Public Relations Manager in planning and implementing PR programs and publicity campaigns to support a major Tourism Board to support its marketing policies, goals and objectives. To project a favorable image of Hong Kong as an attractive, exciting travel destination for potential visitors, and to enhance the awareness of and stimulate interest in visiting Hong Kong in the US.
- Reporting directly to Public Relations Manager
- Regular communication with US staff including National Marketing, Trade Marketing, MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, Exhibitions), Finance
- Liaise with various departments in Head Office and worldwide offices as appropriate.
- Liaise with media daily and provide tangible results
- Liaise with our travel trade partners
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers
- Liaise with Hong Kong Family (Hong Kong Economic & Trade Office, Hong Kong Trading Development Council, Cathay Pacific Airways, Hong Kong Association of Southern California and New York)
Context of the Position
Provide key support and assistance to the Public Relation Manager in planning and implementing high-impact publicity programs generating maximum coverage, ROI and publicity for Hong Kong throughout the US. Project the right image for Hong Kong as a premier destination to enhance the awareness and increase visitation from the U.S.
- Reports directly to and assists the Public Relations Manager
- Proactively pitch and secure positive media stories about Hong Kong on a regular basis (with a strong emphasis on generating top tier consumer media coverage in TV, consumer print, online). Also pitch coverage in travel trade and MICE media.
- Drafting and disseminating all press materials including news releases, media alerts, fact sheets and pitch letters
- Provide informational assistance, including fact checking of media stories and fulfilling photo/video requests
- Organize group and individual press trips and to Hong Kong. Escort press trips, as needed
- Research/assess/screen journalists
- Continually develop new and creative story ideas to pitch to media. Stong prioritization of print, TV and online media to be pitched.
- Assist in developing, editing and providing content ideas for the production of the quarterly e-newsletter
- Assist the PR Manager with special tourism promotional projects
- Complete monthly PR exposure valuation reports, which includes monitoring and reviewing media coverage and clippings
- Update media lists on a regular basis
- Provide administrative and public relations support to the Public Relations Manager and PR department
- Monitor PR budget and expenses
- Liaise with HKTB offices, travel partners, PR agency of record, vendors and suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field
- 5-7 years of public relations/corporate communications experience --in-house or within an established PR firm. Travel experience is strongly preferred.
- Proactive, take charge attitude / approach with superb internal and external team skills
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience drafting and editing high quality press releases. Very refined writing style that generates results…with portfolio to match. Please provide portfolio.
- Candidates must have solid experience generating high visibility media coverage within TV, print, and online outlets. In particular, extensive experience is required in identifying and prioritizing television sponsorship opportunities and in securing major coverage
- Must be very Social Media savvy (Facebook, Twitter, blogs) with a portfolio that demonstrates your proficiency.
- A passion for media relations -a true media enthusiast who enjoys pitching and working closely with media
- Strategic thinker, creative writer and exceptional communicator
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Must have experience working with Cision and Burrelle’s
- Must have established media contacts in TV, print, online with travel industry experience and contacts preferred.
Please email Danya Proud at email@example.com for more information