MD | Healthcare
November 30, -0001 by
MD | Healthcare
The healthcare environment continues to evolve at an unprecedented pace. The increase in scientific discoveries, more active consumer participation in healthcare decision-making and ageing societies, as well as increased focus on the costs of care, have made the need for results-driven communications a necessity for healthcare companies everywhere. Our client's Healthcare Practice is a recognized global leader in helping clients navigate the complex medical, political, social and economic landscape. It provides integrated campaigns matching unrivaled healthcare knowledge and expertise with the communications disciplines of media relations, marketing, public affairs, issues management, constituency relations, crisis management and investor relations. On a global basis, this includes:
- Pre-Marketing of Innovative Drugs
- Public Health Education Campaigns
- Direct-to-Consumer Education and Marketing
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Issues Management
- Regulatory and Policy Issues
- Public Education
- Grassroots Communications
- Support and Counsel on Payer Issues
- Medical Education
A Managing Director represents a combination of a senior Public Relations practitioner, expert in an industry or capability and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit to develop new business opportunities while growing existing client relationships.
Our client assignments are not constrained by borders, and many of our assignments are Pan-Regional or even global. Senior Healthcare staff in each Region work within regulated environments that require an understanding of country-specific government and payor systems and policies. They provide a regional and local overlay to the global support provided to our clients.
As a senior Healthcare expert in the US, this position requires a deep understanding of the challenges and issues of the healthcare sector and the pharmaceutical industry. The Managing Director generates significant new business; attracts new talent and develops/retains existing staff; and enhances the firm’s intellectual capital by driving innovation, developing new products and services, and leveraging our strategic platform of knowledge, insights and ideas.
- Contributes to the global growth and performance of the firm by leading large complex Client relationships and programs.
- Profitably leads at least one major client relationship and/or oversees a portfolio of large client relationships; Develops overall communications programs for these clients.
- Act as a Trusted Advisor at the C-Suite level.
- Identifies and/or leads new business efforts to secure significant new business from new or existing clients each year.
- Leverage the resources available within WPP, Young & Rubicam Group and Burson-Marsteller Worldwide while seeking opportunities to grow client relationships into new geographic areas and practice capabilities.
- Proactively manages Client expectations to ensure all issues impacting Client satisfaction are addressed.
- Plays a lead role in developing staff, including acting as a Professor or Coach for a training program or serving as a Mentor.
- Addresses staff performance issues.
- Raises the visibility and enhances the reputation of the firm externally through activities such as published articles or guest speaking engagements.
- Attracts new talent and develops and retains existing staff.
- Enhances the firm’s intellectual capital by driving innovation, developing new products and services, and leveraging the firm’s strategic Evidence-Based Communications platform.
- Takes the lead in driving global expertise around a capability, product or methodology.
- Provides cutting edge products and new digital applications to support the Clients’ mid to long-term strategic business objectives.
- Manages the key metrics of Client relationships, including client contribution and working capital, as well as the overall financial performance of a team.
- In depth experience working with Oncology clients.
- Ability to provide strategic counsel while taking a long-term perspective.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the Client’s business and challenges.
- Ability to manage complex relationships diplomatically and consultatively.
- Ability to think innovatively; develop creative solutions and new programs.
- Ability to manage teams and individuals to enable them to perform to their fullest potential; set clear expectations and demand high performance.
- Superior presence in writing skills in regard to all client materials; ability to write for senior level management and audiences and responsible for the quality of writing for junior level staff members.
- Knowledge of the company’s methodologies and resources available within the WPP/Young & Rubicam Group and B-M networks.
- Strong negotiation skills and in-depth analytical skills.
- 15+ years of professional experience in Public Relations/Communications
- Extensive professional expertise in the Healthcare/Pharmaceutical industry
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; advanced degree and certification in specialized area a plus.